Moving Pages in SharePoint
1. The first step is to open up Microsoft Power Automate and create a new Instant Cloud Workflow.
2. The Trigger we need is the “Manually Trigger a Flow”.
3. We can now configure the first action which will be a SharePoint “Move File” action. You can pick the site and the page you wish to now move. First set the current site address and then click on the file to move folder icon.
4. You can now open the pages library and select the page you want to move.
The action should now look something similar to the below.
5. Finally, you just need to choose the pages library you want to move the page to. You can also specify what to do if a page exists with the same name.
6. That is the workflow now built and ready to use. This ended up being the quickest and easiest way to move pages and the client found that just selecting the page in the move file action was most effective. Here is what the flow looked like.
7. We saved the workflow, then manually started the flow to move the page. Click on the test button on the flow ribbon and select manual. Then Run your flow.
8. The workflow will now run and move the page. We can see that it’s been successful by looking at the workflow history and also the page is in the new site pages library.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest course information and news.